Safety, Health, Environmental and Community Relations Policy
The Company is committed to carrying out all of its activities in an ethical manner that prioritizes health and safety, preserves the natural environment and recognizes the concerns of local stakeholders.
To this end the Company ensures that all employees are trained and instructed in their assigned tasks and that safety procedures are followed at all times. The importance of ethical behaviour and preservation of the natural environment is stressed to all employees and contractors, and all are charged with monitoring the operations to ensure that they are being carried out in an environmentally friendly manner. The Company also employs independent consultants who periodically audit operations to ensure that all procedures put in place to protect the environment are being followed.
The Company recognizes that working with local stakeholders benefits both parties. It not only allows the Company to minimize any negative impacts of its operations on the local community, but also facilitates permitting of its operations. To this end the Company regularly consults with local stakeholder groups.
In addition to implementing an environmental policy, the Company subscribes to the Environmental Excellence in Exploration (E3) program of the PDAC.
Miocene is committed to the principals of Sustainable Development. The Company diligently applies technically proven and economically feasible measures to protect the environment in all of its exploration activities.
To achieve these goals, Miocene will:
- Comply with or exceed the legislative requirements in all jurisdictions in which it operates;
- Require contractors to comply with this policy;
- Ensure that employees at all levels understand their environmental responsibilities and work towards improvement of the workplace environment
- Identify, plan, assess and manage all projects towards the minimization of adverse effects on the environment;
- Support research to advance understanding of industry’s impact on the environment and to reduce harmful effects through improved practices and technologies;
- Develop, design and operate facilities in a socially and environmentally friendly manner;
- Develop, maintain and test emergency preparedness plans to ensure protection of the environment, the Company’s employees and the public;
- Work proactively with government and the public to develop effective, efficient, and equitable measures to protect the environment based on sound science;
- Contribute to the dissemination of environmentally sound technology and management methods;
- Monitor the environmental impact of the Company’s activities and report regularly to the Board of Directors;
- Reclaim work sites in accordance with site-specific criteria in a planned and timely manner.