Miocene is committed to the principals of Sustainable Development. The Company diligently applies technically proven and economically feasible measures to protect the environment in all of its exploration activities.
To achieve these goals, Miocene will:
- Comply with or exceed the legislative requirements in all jurisdictions in which it operates;
- Require contractors to comply with this policy;
- Ensure that employees at all levels understand their environmental responsibilities and work towards improvement of the workplace environment
- Identify, plan, assess and manage all projects towards the minimization of adverse effects on the environment;
- Support research to advance understanding of industry’s impact on the environment and to reduce harmful effects through improved practices and technologies;
- Develop, design and operate facilities in a socially and environmentally friendly manner;
- Develop, maintain and test emergency preparedness plans to ensure protection of the environment, the Company’s employees and the public;
- Work proactively with government and the public to develop effective, efficient, and equitable measures to protect the environment based on sound science;
- Contribute to the dissemination of environmentally sound technology and management methods;
- Monitor the environmental impact of the Company’s activities and report regularly to the Board of Directors;
- Reclaim work sites in accordance with site-specific criteria in a planned and timely manner.